Pretty pumped to see these three logos published in the LogoLounge book, Vol. 9! Many thanks to Bill Gardner and the judges! And thanks to Kasia Majchrowska for helping me out with the Modmods logo. Brr, it’s cold out here! #Istanbul
It’s been a pretty great year. Maybe it hasn’t been the greatest in some ways but that’s a victory in and of itself. Here are a few things I learned in 2015.
- Always have music with you. While you work, while you walk, while you travel. Premium Spotify is really awesome.
- Don’t get too attached to what you think you know about yourself.
- Gaudi is freaking amazing.
- Pakistani Taxi drivers are the kindest in Barcelona.
- Fearlessly be yourself. Those who appreciate you, will appreciate you. Ignore the rest.
- Have less, think more and do more.
- If you think you can do it, you can really do it. Period.
- Do it as soon as you can, it’s really great.
- Trust the universe. It’s got your back.
- Be humble. Be grounded. Be grateful for every moment you have and enjoy every jump, every single one.
- A little stone could change your life. How? Read my post here
- You are who you associate yourself with.
- There’s beauty in the struggle and ugliness in the success.
- Fun fact: You can get stung by a bee while you sleep. “sigh”
- Say no to people who don’t know the meaning of real friendship.
- Say no to NDAs. They are stupid.
- Fun fact: Watch something funny before you start and end your day.
- Things that you consume do not matter, what you create matters the most. Create more in 2016.
- Take design advice from a designer. Tax advice from an accountant. But don’t take business advice from an attorney.
Screw it. Here’s to learning more in 2016!
Here’s my letterpress piece for the calendar my great friend Fabian Barral putting together. The project just went live and available for pre-order on Kickstarter. Back this Kickstarter project to get some great artwork from myself and other designer friends!
I’ve posted my process for the design on my Dribbble account as usual. Check it out here.
Honored and excited to be featured in the Dribbble Shot Block article centered on coffee! Below is an extract about my studio from the article.
Search “coffee” on Dribbble, and you’ll find a notable number of coffee shots from Barcelona-based designer Salih Kucukaga. For him, branding coffee offers a chance to pay homage to a product he loves. “Coffee is not just a drink for me, it’s a passion,” he told Dribbble. “Coffee was first spread to the world from my home country, Istanbul. I beleive this may be the reason for my passion.”
“I love the culture of coffee — to make it, to taste it, to present it — everything about coffee. And I have been lucky enough to work with some great people who share this same love.”
Read the whole article here.
It’s always an honor to be featured on the Graphic-Exchange. Thank you for the post Fabian! I wish you the best of luck in this new chapter of your life in the beautiful Arles. Looking forward to catching up again soon! Read Fabian’s full post here.
I recently made a two days road trip to Southern France from Barcelona where I have recently been living. I visited the French designer & writer Fabian Barral AKA the Mr.Cup while on my trip. I’ve been always a huge fan of his work and been impressed by his passion on design since the early times of his design blog; Graphic-Exchange. It was finally great meeting him in person in the beautiful historic town of Arles in Southern France. We talked about recent design projects we are both working on, the life style and culture in Arles and his new design magazine Walter Mag. He also kindly asked me to participate in his legendary letterpress calendar for 2016 which I’m super stoked about it!
I’m honored to have 8 logos I designed for Function Coffee, Bare Rea Co., Wunderpass, Espresso Republic, Fabrikk, Dream Clothing, The Snug and Spori.com were featured within the Counter-Print book’s latest book; Modern Heraldry.
I’m now accepting applications for an intern or junior designer to come work with me part-time at my new studio in the La Barceloneta, BCN, Spain. Send your applications here: www.salihkucukaga.com/contact
New country, new city, new journey… I’m stoked to announce that I recently moved to the great city of Barcelona. Below is the business card I’ll be using while I’m in Barcelona. I’m looking forward to exploring the city and the design scene here…
Very excited about the launch of my fabulous client’s new brand Huel. I was hired to do the branding & packaging for Huel which is nutritionally complete powdered food that contains all the protein, carbs, fats, vitamins and minerals your body needs. Very excited to see the project is finally live and you can now order Huel at: http://huel.me/products/huel and the branded merch at http://huel.me/collections/merch